Senior Mechanical Design Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer (Downhole Tool Design)Full Time
We are currently looking to fill two (2) positions for this role.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will use engineering principles to provide efficient solutions to the development of processes and products in a range of downhole components. The role will require the engineer to work on all stages of a product, from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation. The engineer shall be required to produce accurate design calculations and drawings and also have the ability to check others’ work for accuracy. They will be required to have considerable experience in the engineering and design of downhole tools for the Oil & Gas industry.
The role requires the capability to take projects from the initial phase and see them through to their completion.
This will include:
- Discussing and solving complex problems with engineering personnel, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers
- Concept development and the preparation of designs which will be backed-up by engineering calculations, analysis and manufacturing drawings
- Supporting the sourcing and acquisition of appropriate parts
- Overseeing the building and testing of prototype equipment and the evaluation of theoretical designs, reporting results and making recommendations for improvement
- Compiling and implementing Site Integration Test (SIT) plans
- Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modelling and computer-aided design, for concept development and evaluation
- Ensuring safety, quality and budgetary considerations underpin all project deliverables
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering specialism
- Producing accurate work and verifying the work of others
Qualifications & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or equivalent
- Chartered engineer or meeting the requirements for Chartership
- A minimum of 10 years Oil & Gas experience in an engineering environment (for Senior Position)
- Around 5 years’ Oil and Gas experience in an engineering environment (for Mechanical Design Engineer position)
- Experience with using Engineering Design Software (including Inventor and Mathcad) is essential.