Senior Electrical & Electronics Design EngineerFull Time
The role is focused on liaising with existing technical parties in assisting in the development of prototype downhole tool control systems, test equipment, methods and documented procedures.
Taking the lessons learned through testing and experience and developing systems for future prototype and production tools.
Design and develop electrical and electronic modules for energetic downhole equipment. The successful candidate shall have the ability to design, develop and integrate electrical power and control systems for downhole applications, which comply with the relevant guidelines and standards.
The control system designs are likely to incorporate a range of technologies including Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, Graphical User Interfaces (GUI), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Printed Circuit Board (PCB), and fibre-optics for data communication.
The electrical power systems are required to be designed to provide a reliable supply to the downhole equipment either from a battery source or from a surface power supply. An understanding of PCB qualification processes, such as shock and vibration testing to industry standards, is required.
- Develop electronic control system designs and specifications
- Develop electrical power system designs and specifications
- Critically review vendor’s specifications and quotations
- Chair concept and detail design reviews on electronic and electrical designs
- Deliver technically accurate documentation to an agreed standard within a tight schedule
- Technical liaison with end client and vendors
- Develop test programmes for electronic and electrical systems
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Electronic and electrical engineering or a similar subject
- Chartered engineer or meets requirement for Chartership
- A minimum of 10 years Oil & Gas experience in an engineering environment is preferred
- At least 2 years CAD experience/knowledge
- A strong background in electrical and electronic design of subsea or downhole equipment is essential
- Software development using C++, Visual Basic
- Digital and analogue power & control system design
- Autodesk Eagle or similar PCB design software
- Labview and CompactRIO Systems
- Packaging systems for downhole applications and pressure compensation